WordPress Real Physical Media
Reflect your WordPress Real Media Library structure into physical, avoid the mess that you see through your FTP. Organize media in physical folders.
RPM (Real Physical Media) is the first plugin of its kind. With the power of Real Media Library and Media File Renamer (free or Pro Version, both works) it allows you to change the physical media storage path and media URL. This can also have some SEO benefits. Do you know the wp-content/uploads folder? There, the files are stored in year/month based folders. This can be a very complicated and mass process, especially when you are working with a FTP client like FileZilla. With this plugin you can determine where to store your uploads. It also supports multisite.
During the development of the plugin we paid attention to performance. A queueing system was introduced to protect your system from crashes or timeouts. Thus it is also possible to place thousands of files in the queue without any problems.
A question which must be answered immediately in the header text: If a URL of a file changes, the old URL remains valid (SEO-Rewrite) so that no 404 Not Found errors occur.
- Manual queueing allows you to add single files to the queue when you do not want to activate automatic queueing
- Activate automatic queueing: Every file movement gets tracked and added to the queue automatically (move, rearrange, bulk move, rename folder)
- SEO URL rewrites protects your from lost references: If another website is referencing to a given file the URL does not become invalid (301, 302 SEO redirect)
- Exclude specific folders from physical path
- Initially add your complete media library (existing files) to the queue
- Setup an additional uploads prefix: The prefix gets appended to your defined uploads folder, for example wp-content/uploads/storage
- New uploads directly gets moved to the correct physical folder (no queueing needed)
- The plugin provides a link so you can setup a cronjob which does process the queue all the day
- Compatible with Real Media Library add-ons like WP/LR Sync Folders
- Works with all your available media library files like PDFs, Office files and images
- One-click import virtual folder structure into physical folder structure
- Independent: Your files stay in the physical folders also when deleting this plugin
- Migration-safe: You can migrate your pages as usual. There is nothing else to consider
- Advanced options: If you ever get the error message Could not insert post into the database. after uploading a file you can extend the default WordPress database table. So more then 255 characters are allowed in the URL path / filename
- Supports multisite
- 6 months support Included
- Forever free updates
- GPDR / DSGVO: The plugin is collecting no personal data!